GERBER GARBER GARVER
Jerry and I would like to thank all the visitors who have emailed changes and additions. Major additions have been made in
the areas listed below. You should also check for minor additions which may have been made to areas of interest to you.
Jan 26, 1997
- Text initially loaded onto web site.
Feb 8, 1997
- Modified family of B4 Christian Garver, using sources of Bell (1898), J.T. Garver (1879), Keller (1889), and Barbara
- Added family of B5 Jacob F. Gerber as presented in Keller (1889).
- B58 Christian Gerber was expanded, based on the discovery that he is Christian Garver, Sr. of Runk (1896), which
was moved from [CL], previously on the Help! page.
- H Benedict Garber family corrections and additional details were provided by Edward (Ned) W. Garber of
- SB Jacob Garber family details added based on Clark Garber (1937 and 1964) and Gager (1921).
- SL Rev. Levi Garber added as presented by Gregory (1921).
- F25 Email link added to Pat Kratz of Des Moines, Iowa.
Mar 9, 1997
- Some speculations added for locations of L, M, N, OE and W, based on the 1780 Pa. Census. We can account for
almost all of the 24 Gerber/ Garber/ Garvers on this list.
- The previous OO Johannes H. Gerber (who conflicted with O) is now AC1 Johannes H. Gerber.
- Additional details have been added to the B1, C and E Families, thanks to some great detective work by Jerry
- Some additional B Family information added, based on Barbara Sharp's compilations.
- Additional information from Egle added to G.
- Additional references added.
Jun 1, 1997
- Added a new page with misc. notes on 19th Century immigrants.
- Updated 1780 Pa Census list notes.
- Minor formatting changes on home page.
- Added info on H family of Berks Co., working with Peggy Sue Wilson.
- Note: there are some *MAJOR* changes forthcoming on the AC, B, and DA families. I have not yet converted them
to html. Email me if you want to know in the interim.
Nov 20, 1997
- All pages newly revised and reformatted, based on the Nov 17, 1997 manuscript distributed to researchers.
- Major changes have been made to the AB, AC, AD, B, BA, and DA families. These families had been previously
intermingled [erroneously] by other researchers. We welcome any comments on our logic and documentation.
- See significant finding in the E family: Hans Gerber Jr. on the 1737 ship list was [E] not [E1]; Hans Gerber, Sr. was
- Many minor changes in other families.
Nov 22-26, 1997
- Revised and expanded Reference List.
- First Name Index revised.
- Descendants of G4 Leonard Garver expanded (outline from Peggy Sue Wilson).
June 24, 1998
- A number of additional details were provided by Allen Garber from his outlines of 12/10/97, for the A, C, E, F, and T
- AB and AC family details and changes, as a result of correspondence with Floyd Mason and other research.
- Some changes were made in speculations about the DA family; additional details added.
- Some significant changes and additions to the C, E and F families.
- A lot of additional detail added to the G and H families.
- See notations on the erroneous S family connections of Clark Garber.
- A lot of ZA family data added, from Bill Gerber and descendants of the Gerber Baby Food company founder.
- The 19th-century [Z] families were re-numbered, and additional families [ZG, ZF] added.
October 6, 1998
- [A] Christian Gerber on 1728 petition.
- Renumbered [AC] family.
- Pennsylvania details on LB Christian Garver, who was formerly designated [AD]; [LB] is now thought to be a brother,
or related to, [LA].
- Minor changes in [G], [H], [I], and [J] families.
- Some additional detail on [M] and [Ob].
- Major restructuring of the [S] speculations.
- Some speculations were added on [W].
- The web site is now consistent with the draft submitted 9/4/98 for publication.
Go to References
Return to GERBER GARBER GARVER Progenitors Home Page